Friday, June 13, 2014

The Wild West

Well, We've been residents of the great state of Arizona for about 3 weeks now. Our house is finally unpacked and decorated. It's perfect and I love it. We have pictures of our family and friends everywhere, an ungodly amount of Walter Anderson pieces (but can you really ever have too much?), and small bits of Oxford everywhere. Putting our house together has been a process, but it's been so much fun. Re-opening all of our wedding gifts was such a treat because we got to think about each sweet family member or friend that gave us each gift. I've loved going through all of the pictures we have together and figuring out which ones are worthy of my gorgeous Kada frames courtesy of The Lily Pad.

Addison and I are a few days short of our 6 year dating anniversary and we've been blessed to make so many memories together in so many different places. I love looking at the pictures from when we first started dating. Two babies look back at me, but I recognize the look of love in those babies eyes. Okay, that was way too poeticly romantic. No more mushiness. Promise.

It's hot as heck here. Is anyone surprised? It's literally 108 degrees. Not joking. I can barely stand to be outside for more than 5 minutes, but Sassy begs to go outside. She sits under the super cool fire pit my cousin got us and eats grass. Only to come in and throw up said grass. It's awesome.

I will now mention that I found out I got into nursing school this week!!!! I couldn't possibly be more thrilled. I spent close to a year working as a nurse's aid at Baptist in Oxford. Let's just say I was at the bottom of the totem pole doing very bottom of the totem pole work. However, it helped me realize that nursing is exactly what I want to be doing.  I sent in my application in December. Most schools let me know that I was in in February so waiting until June was killer. I was expecting to hear back today so when I checked my emails on Wednesday my heart literally stopped when I saw the email from Grand Canyon. I'll be on the same campus Addison's dental school is on so we get to go to school together! I mean, how many people get to say they got to do that? I'm so excited. I'll get my RN in 15 months so we won't be in school together for too long, but it'll definitely be a good time.

I indulged in some slight shopping once I found out. As everyone knows I live for nail polish...specifically Essie polish. I got myself a lovely bright blue called "strut your stuff" because I mean I'm allowed to prance around now that I know I'm in, right? I also got some new shower gel from the bath and body works sale. Have y'all smelled Bali Mango and Moonlight path? If not you need to get to your local store and pick yourself up 3 of each. They are both AWESOME and are currently both in my shower because I couldn't pick one over the other. I also decided to get myself my 26th bathing suit because it's CURRENTLY 108 DEGREES HERE.

So Addison starts school in early July and I start at the end of August. That's literally a month and a half of hanging out alone all day. I don't think I've actually had a summer break where I didn't take a class or work or have some kind of travel plans in years... like years. It's going to be weird for sure. I'll probably blog a lot. About what color my nails are. And where Sassy decided to sleep that day. And how hot it is. So get ready because we're in for one fun summer together :).

We love y'all and miss y'all! Here's some pictures of Queen Sassy for ya.


She really likes our couch. A lot.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment