Monday, October 27, 2014

More Recent News

Hello sweet, sweet friends and family,

I'm going to power through the past couple weeks to catch y'all up!

School is overwhelming and stressful, but I learned how to do injections and put in a foley catheter (we don't have to talk about that) last week. Injections were so much fun! I can't wait to practice on Addison and Sassy. Only kidding, we practice on lemons and hot dogs, although I'm still nervous my lemon is going to welp in pain or something...which is so silly, but whatever. Also, Addison doesn't let me practice anything on him. I guess the whole nurse fantasy isn't so hot when your nurse pumps up your blood pressure cuff to the point of "pain" because she can't hear your non-existent pulse at all. BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT. Addison is going through another tough class, but that's okay because we get to be miserable together. How's that saying go....a couple that cries together, stays together? The rest of my semester is pretty much horrible and every hour that puts me closer to Thanksgiving break and Christmas makes it slightly bearable.

I forgot to tell y'all that I ran for a board position for my school's student nurse organization and I got it!  My campaign consisted of bribery via candy and pictures of grumpy cat (still relevant? questionable...but he's from AZ so that's cool) instead of posting pictures of Sassy, because unfortunately Sassy's fame hasn't quite reached Arizona yet.

Addison has been going shooting a lot with some of his classmates and I think he is really loving it. They tend to go after they finish their tests, which I imagine is somewhat therapeutic. We went to the movies for the first time since July 4th (we were so patriotic on the fourth and went to the movies instead of watching fireworks or doing anything remotely American) to see Gone Girl. I read the book and I practically could not sleep because all I wanted to do was finish it. I was so pumped for the movie and couldn't wait for Addison to get all confused by everything, but we both left a little disappointed. None-the-less, it was a much needed study break and I'm always down for those.

This past week we were graced by the presence of sweet Melissa and Sadie! They came into town for a vet school interview and we were able to squeeze some time in with them before they left. It was so much fun getting to see Melissa after months of being apart. We went out to eat, showed them around town, and caught up on each other's lives, but the visit was too short. It only makes me want a break from school even more to get to spend some more time with our girl!

I won't talk about the game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned, but I will say that we are so ready to watch the Rebels take on Auburn in Oxford this weekend and I can't tell y'all how badly we wish we were there. Oxford in the fall is just so stinking perfect. Have I mentioned how "fall" in Arizona still means temperatures in the 90s? YEAH. You would think I would have become a tan goddess by now, but I am pale as a sheet because all I do is stay inside and study. We have had some nice days though and this Sunday it's supposed to be a high of 75, which is literally music to my ears. I made sure to pack all my boots and sweatshirts and scarves for the move to Arizona because.......who knows. So the fact that I get to break those out almost moves me to tears.

We miss y'all so very much and hope y'all have the best week. We're sending you guys all HUGE hugs and kisses!!!! Don't forget to send up a prayer to the football gods that Ole Miss gets a W; we like being ecstatic rebels not depressed ones. Happy early halloween!!! Love Y'all!!!
They melt your heart with their cuteness, right???

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment