Monday, December 15, 2014

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

Hello y'all!

Let me preface this post by telling y'all that I am writing this comfy from my couch with my first semester of nursing school under my belt and let me tell ya it feels great! I'm not even a week into break and I've already watched about 7 movies on Netflix and eaten a whole bag of cheetos so all is well in my world.

In all seriousness I couldn't possibly be happier to be done with this semester. I only have a year left before I can officially introduce myself as Natalia Dent, RN and if you think I'm kidding.....I am, but I'll want to. This semester was hard and everything I thought nursing school would be plus some more, but I made it out alive and it was all I could do not to sob out of sheer exhaustion and elation when I got out of my last final. I'm shocked over how much I've learned in what feels like a short amount of time. I was somewhat doubting I would be ready to take care of someone after 16 months of schooling, but after this semester it's beginning to seem likely.

We have been the captains of the struggle bus since we got back from Thanksgiving break. I almost wish I didn't have that week off because it was close to impossible to get back on the study grind after a week of relaxation and fun. I say that, but I probably would of spontaneously combusted without a week off from school. My last two weeks of school were filled with exams and Addison (who still has a day left, bless his precious heart) has pretty much had nonstop exams. I think he has like 5 exams this week? If that doesn't make you want to jump off a cliff I don't know what will. They really make you work for a dang break around here, am I right?

Addison had his 25th birthday on the 3rd and wouldn't ya know it he had an exam that day. It also ended up being my longest day because I had an exam that ran an hour late so I didn't get to spend much time with him on his special day. We went out to eat and then met up with some friends for a drink. I made Addison some cupcakes to celebrate that night and I will proudly mention that we didn't eat all of them! It ended up being a very low-key and hopefully relaxing day. His birthday is my favorite day of the year because I am the most thankful for that cute, hard-working, loving, sometimes frustrating, but mostly cool husband of mine ;).

Anywho, Addison has been going shooting a lot (no surprise there). We've hung out with his classmates on the weekends to let off steam and relax and it's always a good time. On Thursday, my last day of class, I went out to dinner with my class and then spent some time with some of my classmates after dinner and we had so much fun. Addison couldn't make dinner because...wait for it...he was studying for a test! He was greatly missed, of course. I was so nervous that I wouldn't find any friends in my class when I moved here or that everyone would be like...why are you from Mississippi, but turns out no one thought I was weird and they're smart and fun and will be awesome nurses.

I haven't done much since I've been on break other than try and tidy up the house and start packing and wrapping presents. OH, and I think I've changed the polish on my nails every day because I can finally have them polished on days that aren't weekends! We set up our christmas tree the week after we got back from Thanksgiving. It's filled with Ole Miss and Oxford ornaments from The Lily Pad in Oxford (if you're near Oxford you need to go to the The Lily Pad...it's the best store in the world). Mrs. Dent gave us some beautiful Ocean Springs ornaments too so pretty much it's a Mississippi tree and I couldn't possibly love it more. Sassy has taken to sitting under the tree and using the bottom branches as a back scratcher because she's short enough that she can scoot her way under the branches and get her whole back scratched as she moves. She's a smart one. She has tried to climb our pretty little tree and swat down at ornaments I thought would be out of her reach (how could I be so dumb), but she hasn't caused any serious damage or anything...yet.

So pretty and purrfect ;)

We are so looking forward to going home for the holidays and my birthday(12/29 for those who need to set a reminder on their phones). I can't believe this year is almost over. I started 2014 with some of my best friends in Oxford after a long day of work at the hospital and a few days managed to land the cutest boy in the world thanks to the sweetest and most cuddly proposal ever. I had the best bachelorette weekend, the wedding of my dreams, a perfect honeymoon, started nursing school, and began a life in a fabulous new place over the course of one year. It'll be hard to top this year, but I've got a good feeling about 2015. Of course, I couldn't of done ANY of it without my incredible parents and brother, my awesome husband, my fantastic in-laws, my fabulous family, and my spectacular friends (new and old). My heart is always on the verge of overflowing with so much love.

We hope y'all have a fabulous week and a very Merry Christmas! I'm sure I'll post again before new years and it'll probably be sappy because I get so many feelings at the end of the year so brace yourself for that wild ride.

We love y'all and miss y'all so very much!!!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment