Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Reunited And It Feels So Good.

Hey y'all!!

Happy belated 4th of July! I hope y'all's holidays were filled with everything red, white, and blue, USA chants, and yummy holiday foods! I've been told holiday calories don't count so I hope y'all indulged as much as I did :)

So I'm going to finish telling y'all about the rest of our California trip!! We stayed in Anaheim for our first two nights. Our last night we stayed in Newport Beach at The Island Hotel, which was gorgeous. The night we got there was the hotel restaurant's grand opening and Newport's elite came out to play. We pulled up in my Elantra and were greeted by some Rolls Royces, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis. We looked a little out of place, to say the least, but it definitely looked like a good time.

Jennifer, my sweet friend, and her awesome sister Lauren picked us up for dinner and a much needed game of catch up. We drove around the Newport Beach area and then took a ferry over to Balboa Island where we had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. It was great and the restaurant was super cool! It was made to look like an old train station and they even had a caboose inside that you could eat in. Very cool. After dinner we walked around town and down the beach. I can't tell you how much I miss the ocean. I don't think I realized it until we were smelling the ocean smells and feeling that sweet sea breeze. There are some precious beach houses along the beach. Our new plan is to make enough/save enough to spend the rest of our days in a cozy beach house on Newport beach. I'm sure that dream will change after we discover another cool place. When I went skiing with Addison's family in Vancouver a few years ago Addison started talking about how living in Canada would be nice. We're hopeless...

We finished our visit with frozen bananas and ice cream from a local ice cream shop that were just perfect. It's so special when you can catch up with an old friend from when you were like 6 years old and find your friendship is still there....right where you left it. Jennifer and Lauren were the best hostesses and we had the best time hanging out with them. Now that we reside on the same coast (kindof..right?) I hope we'll get to see a lot more of them.



With Addison starting dental school right around the corner, big kid life feels like it's finally about to get rolling. I've been trying pretty hard to cook my husband meals that don't consist of PB&J or mac&cheese because he says that's not a real meal. Weird, huh. So far this week I made us enchiladas and meatball sandwiches, which were pretty delicious if I do say so myself! Looks like I may not starve this husband of mine after all!!

We miss everyone a lot and hope summer is treating everyone as well as it's been treating us. Today we got the first rain since we've moved out here (!!!!!) Kind of a huge deal for us. We were pretty stinking excited. Love y'all!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Just caught up on all your adventures here and LOVEd it!! Thank you for sharing with all of us!! Love Y'all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best! I hope you know that! Thanks for reading :) We love y'all and miss y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete