Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Loving

Hello everyone!

It's been awhile since I last posted (seems to be a theme around here, huh?). I guess I haven't because the Dents haven't been up to much other than studying! Our summer ended mid-July when Addison started dental school. He's been at it for about a month and it seems like each week is more challenging than the last. Dr. Dent spends most of his days in class or at his desk studying about all sorts of things like how your teeth develop and which bone you may have broken when you fall out of a tree. Lets just say Sassy and I are not envious at all, but we are trying to be his number one cheerleaders.

I don't start school for a few more weeks so technically I'm still on vacation. Although it doesn't totally feel like that since I spend most of my days doing housework. How can two people and a cat make such a mess? I'm enjoying being just a housewife for now though. Once August 26th rolls around I'll get to take on the role of nursing student and sorta-housewife. I've become a bit braver in the kitchen and have been cooking for us close to every night. It didn't take too long to turn this easy-mac lover into a bonafide cook! I made us baked salmon and asparagus tonight, which I will say was pretty delicious.

I've gotten a chance to meet some of Addison's classmates and everyone is so incredibly nice! I'm so thrilled for him to spend 4 years with these people!! I'm going to brag about the wonderful man that is my husband for a few minutes here. Addison and his classmates make up the class of 2018 that is 76 people big. Their school- ASDOH- had the most applicants out of any dental school this past year. These bright future dentists were chosen out of a pool of 3,200 applicants. Doesn't that blow your mind and fill your heart up with pride? What I'm telling you is that Addison is in the 2% that made it. So. Many. Chills. I got to tour the dental school's facilities and had to scrape my jaw off of the floor. I, for a second, forgot that I think mouths are pretty gross and wanted to start drilling into teeth when I walked into the simulation lab. They have what looks like a state-of-the-art clinic to practice their skills on patients within. I'm so incredibly proud of the man who told me over 6 years ago on our first date that he really wanted to be a dentist and is now getting to live the dream. Well, live the nightmare that happens before the super awesome dream.
Addison on his very first day!

Addison and I at his white coat ceremony.

We miss all of y'all so much and have been missing Mississippi a lot lately. I miss a good thunderstorm with lots and lots of rain more than you know. I see all the tweets/facebook statuses about the seemingly endless rain on the coast and in Oxford and turn into a little green monster filled with jealousy. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I do miss a lot of rain. Speaking of green, we miss seeing GREEN. There's not too much greenery around here. I know it probably sounds like I don't love it here, but I do. I'm getting used to the heat and can't explain how much I love seeing the mountains when I drive around town doing my errands. We do miss our family and friends though. I love getting to go new places, but wish we could bring all of y'all with us. We've got all sorts of plans for when each of y'all come visit us! ;)

Anyways, here's to hoping I have more to post soon! Send some love and good vibes to our favorite dentist because he's in the middle of a tough class and needs as much positivity as he can get :) love you each so much!
Sassy sends her love too!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment