Friday, March 14, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Few things beat spending time with old friends, and even fewer beat being able to pick up right where you left off after years of not seeing a friend. That's how you know you've picked some special people to surround yourself with. After my bachelorette trip we made a pit stop in Ocean Springs to visit my fantastic parents. It was a short visit, but it was just what I needed. I treasure the time I get to spend with my parents so dearly and they were so eager to get to know my bridesmaids a little better.

We left Ocean Springs with our hearts and minds at ease. Mom and I got some much needed wedding planning done with Meg and Claire's help. After a few shopping stops in downtown Ocean Springs (hello Walter Anderson :) ) we made our way back to Oxford so that Stephanie could spend some quality time in God's country. On our first night, Oxford was lucky enough to be graced by Mississippi State's finest- Brooke Cannon. From the moment we re-united it felt like we had never been apart.

Brooke is a Bulldog, through and through. I remember when she told me she would never set foot in Oxford, but here she was taking the town by storm (and looking perfectly put-together while doing so). I shared the deliciousness that is Boure with them, and our night ended re-watching episodes of Laguna Beach. I should maybe tell you that my middle school and early high school years were fundamentally altered by these strangers I loved to watch on tv. I was obsessed, and so were Brooke and Stephanie. All-in-all the visit was way too short, and I'm trying to plan a trip to Starkville (I'll admit it-it hurt a little to write that ;) ) to spend some time with my sweet, genius, and beautiful friend.

Stephanie and I spent the rest of the week catching up and just relaxing in Oxford. Claire, Meg, Stephanie, and I went back to Boure to end her stay in Oxford, and had so much fun. There's seriously nothing better than watching your closest friend from way-back-when becoming friends with your present-day besties. I've said it before and I'll say it again....I'm not sure what I did to deserve these friends I have. I was sad to see my girl go, but it makes me THAT much more eager for May 10th.

The past week has made my heart so happy and has made me feel so lucky.



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment